This is a throwback recipe because it's actually still one of my fave have on hand quickies for lunch!
My babe and fellow wholefood Mama, Hannah Denton. She shared her homemade red lentil and buckwheat dosa recipe! I've gotta admit lentils don't appear much in my kitchen, just because I don't really know how to work with them but I tell ya this is been the perfect intro! I hope you enjoy!
The batter for the dosa is fermented for 2 days. Preparing your grains or legumes this way makes them more tummy friendly, easy to tolerate, and delicious!
1 cup lentils
1 cup buckwheat
1 tablespoon fenugreek
1 tsp salt
1. Soak lentils and buckwheat overnight
2. Rinse lentils and buckwheat, add fenugreek and salt
3. Soak overnight
4. Whizz all together in your bender
5. Ferment on the bench top with a tablecloth to cover for one - two days (until bubbles form in the batter)
6. Spoon into a frypan with a little coconut oil and cook until golden brown
7. Serve warm with your favourite topping, we paired our dosa with fresh raw veggies for colour, avocado for healthy fats, a poached egg/beans for protein and sauerkraut for a probiotic punch.
You can leave the mixture in your fridge for around a week, just make sure you stir it well before spooning into the pan.